It’s been a while since I posted a recipe but I promise this one is worth the wait. It’s super easy, tasty and paired down to size for two people.
Ricotta and Egg Casseroles with Spinach and Tomato
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen
WW PlusPoints 6
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 1/2 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- tomatoes of your choosing
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease four 3.5 ounce ramekins (or two 7 ounce ramekins) and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add shallot and salt, cook until softened. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Transfer garlic and shallot to a bowl and stir in ricotta, spinach, parmesan cheese, eggs and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Divide egg mixture between ramekins and top with tomatoes. (I used yellow, orange and red grape tomatoes but you can use any kind). Bake until casserole is set, about 15-25 minutes depending on size of ramekins. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes and serve.