Nothing’s quite as satisfying as a big steaming bowl of pasta. I’ve been making this recipe for over a year now. It’s hard for recipes to end up in my permanent rotation, but this one certainly made the cut. I love that instead of using a sauce you just re-purpose some of your pasta water and add in some creamy goats cheese! So easy!
Pasta with Broccoli and Goats Cheese
from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
PointsPlus per serving: 7
- 1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced in thin strips
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. While you are waiting for the water to heat up cut your broccoli. Once the water is boiling add your pasta and cook per package instructions. Add broccoli to boiling pasta water about 2-3 minutes before the pasta is done. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add yellow pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, pasta, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and reserved pasta water to the pan and toss. Sprinkle with goat cheese and serve.
There you have it! It’s super easy and very tasty!