Here we go again! I love that you can see the look of pain on my face in this one! I’m not too sure what to call this plank. Maybe the “rocking plank” or “shifting plank” who knows. I’m open to names so if you come up with a better one please leave it in the comments…the more ridiculous the better. For the moment I’m gonna stick to rocking plank.
Keys to rocking plank:
- Start in a basic plank on your hands.
- Move forward slowly, raise up on your toes and drive your shoulders and head forward past your hands.
- Slowly move back to start position with your shoulders aligned with your hands, weight evenly distributed between your feet and your hands.
Other things to remember:
- Focus on contracting your abdominal muscles and remember to breathe.
- This plank can be tough on weak wrists, if you are having trouble switch to an elbow plank.