Well this week I decided to take the plank to new heights and I gotta say it made things MUCH harder. I was shocked how difficult a basic plank was once I did it on a ball instead of the ground. Crazy!
Keys to Swiss Ball Plank:
- Start with your forearms on the ball and our knees on the ground.
- Tighten your core and raise your knees off the ground making sure not to dip your lower back (that could hurt).
- Hold plank for 30 seconds then rest.
Other things to remember:
- This baby was hard. I had to really focus on engaging my core to protect my back.
- It’s hard to keep your butt down on this one, but if you start with your knees further away from the ball you end up in a good plank position.
- If it’s hard to raise up from your knees into this plank try walking your feet out away from the ball, that might help.