Monday again, how fast the weekend goes. I’d like to say that mine was filled with lots of exciting events and activities, but sadly it was mostly cleaning and various errands, boring life stuff. The good news is I was able to spend some time getting posts ready for this week and am hoping to end my month-long goal of blogging everyday in January strong! So without further ado, here’s a quick and easy recipe to get dinner on the table fast!
Chicken Fajita Bowl
- 1 sweet potato (baked or roasted, you pick)
- 4 oz. Applegate Naturals Southwestern-Style Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa of choice
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut sweet potato into bite-sized cubes and toss with 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and roast for 20 minutes or until cooked through, tossing potatoes half way through cooking.
- Slice the bell pepper into long thin strips and place in a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes then add chicken and salsa. Heat mixture until chicken and salsa is warmed through and peppers are softened.
- Divide sweet potato and chicken mixture evenly into two bowls and top with diced avocado.
There you have it! I’ll admit it’s a kind of no frills dinner, but it sure is tasty!