This one is pretty similar to last weeks plank, but for some reason I found it a little easier. No idea why…maybe all this planking is starting to pay off. Anyway, here’s how to do a side plank with a leg raise.
Keys to Side Plank with a Leg Raise:
- Start out in a side plank on your hand. Place your bottom leg slightly in front of your top leg.
- Slowly kick your top leg forward while reaching out towards your toe with your hand.
- If you are feeling SUPER awesome alternate kicking out your top leg and bottom leg. (I just went with the one leg for now.)
Other things to remember:
- Make sure your hand is directly under your shoulder when you are in your side plank
- Spread your fingers far apart, this seems to help me with balancing.
- Try doing 10-15 reps per side.