Who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner? I mean if I was REALLY having breakfast for dinner I would probably want pancakes, but eggs are nearly as good. Frittata is a super easy way to use up your leftovers or just make a dinner that’s healthy and filling on a budget. I’ve whipped up this version twice now and it makes for an excellent dinner and is great as leftovers for lunch.
Broccoli, Potato, Sausage and Cheddar Frittata
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded potatoes (I used Simply Potatoes)
- 4 savory turkey breakfast sausages (I used Jones Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- salt and pepper
- Turn on your oven and set temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and steam until tender. I tend to seam on the stove top but feel free to throw it in the microwave to make it snappier.
- In a medium bowl whisk together two whole eggs and egg whites. Add salt and pepper.
- In an oven safe skillet or cast iron pan on medium heat melt the butter. Add potatoes and frozen breakfast sausages. Cook until potatoes are starting to brown and sausages are thawed. Cut sausages into bit-sized pieces.
- Spread out potatoes, sausage and broccoli evenly in your pan. Pour egg mixture into pan swirling to coat the surface. Top with grated cheese. Leave the frittata on the burner for 1-2 minutes then place in oven to allow eggs to finish cooking. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
There you go! Add some salt and fresh cracked pepper and dinner is served!
Looking for other quick dinner ideas? Check out my Grub page for more recipes!