Yesterday I was listening to the doubleX podcast and one of the topics was whether or not you should wear “sexy” workout clothes or schlub it up in your old high school t-shirts and sweat pants. During the conversation Noreen Malone mentioned that America is becoming “a nation of elastic pants wearers”. This got me thinking….how many hours of the day do I spend in the comfort of expandable pants? Turns out it’s a lot of time!
- Pajama pants (Does anyone sleep in chinos? jeans?…I think this one shouldn’t count): Midnight-6:30am
- Leggings or sometimes jeans and here’s the kicker (I own a pair of pull on jeans…I know totally embarrassing!): 7:00-5:00
- Workout pants (like leggings but even more stretchy and a little shinier…does that make them my fancy pants?): 5:00-6:00
- “Loungey pants” (because I’ve been so uncomfortable in my previous elastication and need more time in “loungey” elastication): 6:00-10:00
- Pajamas (maybe I should start sleeping in my ball gown to help boost my non-stretchy numbers !): 10:00-11:59
So there you have it! On a particularly springy day I spend as much as 23 1/2 hours in elasticized bliss. Part of me is a little ashamed of this and another part of me is kinda proud! Don’t get me wrong, I wear ACTUAL jeans several days of the week, reigning in my expandable average, but on the whole I’m a top-notch citizen of this nation of elastic pants! How elasticated is your life? How many hours do you spend on the stretchy clock? Do you go for “sexy” workout wear or do you schlub it up?