Well it’s here! The big 2–0! Who’d have thought I’d make it this far in my planking endeavors…..I sure didn’t. This week I’m taking the planking to new heights (insert groan from horrible pun here). I’ve seen this plank done on a ball before, but since I don’t have a ball of my own I used a chair. Feel free to use a ball if you have one, you could even use the wall if you want to get really crazy.
Keys to “aero-plank”:
- I started with my hands on the floor and put one foot on the chair then the other. (If you are using a ball you could probably start with your feet just on the ball and walk your hands backwards while you are in the plank position until you are comfortable)
- Once both feet were on the chair and I was steady I went from a plank on my hands to an elbow plank. (Take is slow you don’t wanna hurt yourself!)
- Now hold the aero-plank as long as you can! You could even switch between elbow and hand planks to work your abs, arms and shoulders a little more!
Other things to remember:
- I did this one without shoes or socks for two reasons, first it kept my chair from getting dirty and second I figured wearing just socks was tempting fate too much. I didn’t want to go down face first….not pretty.
- If your chairs are too high try an ottoman or a step stool, adding any height will take you plank to the next level. 😉