Better late than never right? I was starting to get worried that I was running out of plank ideas, but then this little gem came to my attention. I’m not quite sure what to call it yet….side step plank, banded plank, bound by the plank. That last one was pretty bad, totally grasping at straws here. Anyway, I’ll get down to it.
Keys to proper banded side step plank:
- Loop a resistance band around your ankles.
- Get into plank position on your hands.
- Side step with your left hand and left foot.
- Repeat as many times as you like, then do the other side.
Other things to remember:
- It’s not about how far you are able to side step, small steps are just as good as big ones.
- If you have trouble moving your arm and leg together try stepping to the side with your foot and follow with the hand.
- Mind your knees with this one, don’t go overboard with a high level resistance band. Keep it low resistance to start.