This week I thought I’d take the side plank a little further. I had to take a lot of pictures of myself doing this one so I could get a shot without my grimicing face. The good news is I was able to do this one quite a few times….must mean my abs are getting stronger! Yipee!
Keys to proper Side Plank with Reach Under:
- Start on your side with your upper body propped up on your right elbow, contract your abs and lift your hips off the floor into your side plank.
- Raise your left arm straight up above your head and perpendicular to the floor.
- Now with your abs fully contracted reach your left arm behind your torso.
- Return to the raised arm position and repeat!
Other things to remember:
- Be sure you have your balance when reaching behind your torso, but if you fall there’s not too far down to go so give it a whirl!
- Remember to keep your ankles, knees, hips and shoulders in alignment while in the side plank.