So if any of you have ever done a Jillian Michaels workout you will recognize this plank variation. She refers to this one as “renegade rows”. I like the title, so I’m gonna stick to it.
Keys to renegade rows:
- Holding a set of hand weights (I used 2 3lb. weights) get in the plank position with your arms straight.
- Lift your left arm off the ground in a row motion (arm straight back with your hand ending up by your armpit).
- Put your left arm down and repeat on the right.
Other things to remember:
- You know the drill! Keep your butt down! If this is too hard, try moving your feet apart to make a stronger base.
- Just like a standing row, keep your arm close to your body as you lift it back. Pull the weight straight up with your fingers towards your body.
- Try not to twist your hips when you lift each arm.