Hey guys! On Monday I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Project Unfluff! According to Stephanie from we loved here: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, dearest, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome! How lovely is that! The Liebster Award given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (I’m currently tipping the scales at 26 followers!). It’s a way to connect to other bloggers and help spread the word about new blogs!
Once a blogger is nominated, the blogger must complete the following:
1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself
3) Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
4) List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers from what you can tell! They should be bloggers you believe deserve a little recognition and some blogging love!
5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominated.
6) Tell the 11 bloggers you nominated (no nominating the blogger who nominated you)!
So here we go!
11 Random Facts about me:
- I LOVE tacos!
- The only plants I seem to be able to keep alive lately are in the cactus family.
- I have a deep love of The Container Store…..who doesn’t?!
- I often refer to my car as “The Cruiser”….it’s a PT Cruiser….totally unoriginal.
- Lately I am always craving Diet Dr. Pepper. I know it’s bad! But it’s so good!
- I have spent nearly every weekend this summer kayaking!
- If I had to pick a favorite movie it would most likely be Mean Girls….oh Lohan….what happened to you?!
- I listen to a lot of podcasts! Come to me if you need recommendations.
- I have been reading Vampires in the Lemon Grove for far too many months now….I really need to sit down and finish that one!
- I love to cook and am always on the hunt for new recipes to try.
- I have super weird tan lines from my summer of kayaking.
Questions from Project Unfluff:
1. If you were a vending machine, what would you sell and why? (Could be anything)
Tacos! Didn’t even have to think about that one!
2. What is your fondest childhood memory?
I can’t say that this is my fondest memory, but I remember having awesome times roller skating around my neighborhood all.the.time!
3. What is your favorite book from your childhood?
This is sad but I can’t really think of one. Wasn’t a huge reader as a kid.
4. What is your favorite book now as an adult?
Again, not necessarily my absolute favorite, but I LOVED Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.
5. What is your favorite unhealthy to healthy recipe (example: skinny mac and cheese)?
Lately I’ve really been loving a WW recipe for turkey burgers with grated zucchini, garlic, ginger and soy sauce! Yummy! Good alternative to a beef burger.
6. Do you have a favorite method for losing weight/working out? What is it?
Slow and steady. Right now I’m using Weight Watchers and doing lots of different workout DVDs at home. I recommend ANY Jillian Michaels DVD and right now I’m really loving TurboFire.
7. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Trek. No question.
8. If you were a vegetable, which one would you be and why?
Green beans. One of these days I might turn into one, they are my absolute favorite!
9. What is the best vacation you ever went on?
Probably the most stressful vacation for my poor parents, but I have lots of memories from a family road trip from Texas to California!
10. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would your first purchase be?
A house…preferably near the sea….think Newburyport or maybe Rockport.
11. Why do you blog?
I blog to help keep myself accountable to my goals and because I have been so inspired by reading about other people’s journeys. Maybe someday I will pay that forward. 🙂
My Nominations (apologies if any of ya’ll have more than 200 followers….I still think you deserve to be nominated!)
- Exhale Unhealthy
- Steph on Weight Watchers
- Lose the Fat, Keep the Sass
- Me Less 50
- the year of the phoenix
- mousearoo’s mumblings
- It Sux To Be Fat
- Coffee Cake and Cardio
- This Is It
- Inspiring Stories of My Healthy Lifestyle Change
- Healthy Michelle
My questions to you:
- You can buy a plane ticket to anywhere in the world….where would you go?
- How many pairs of athletic shoes do you own? Which is your favorite?
- What’s the first thing you notice about people?
- Skydive or bungee jump?
- What has better looking legs, a seagull or a chicken?
- If you could be a Disney character, who would you be and why?
- What does your favorite workout involve?
- What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
- What’s your go-to song to get pumped during a workout?
- If money was no object what would you do all day?
- Would you rather fight a bear with shark arms or a shark with bear arms?