Ok, this week we’re taking the plank to a new level! No longer static! Here we go, it’s the plank-up.
Keys to a proper plank-up:
- Start out in the plank position (I have opted for the modified plank on my knees). Remember to keep everything in a straight line, no sagging hips, hands under shoulders.
- Now drop down onto your left elbow, then your right.
- Next push back up onto your hand on the left and then on the right.
- Repeat the “down, down, up, up” motion as many times as you can for 30 seconds.
Other things to remember:
- Focus on tightening your abs and maintaining that straight line.
- Do a set starting with your left arm dropping down first, then do a second set with the right arm dropping down first….gotta keep things even 🙂
- This move can be done in a regular plank on your toes rather than your knees….I’m just working up to that.
- Be careful if you decide to start out on your toes, if your arms are not right under your shoulders you could hit the floor face first, don’t hurt your money-maker.