We’ve done a regular plank, reverse plank…time for the side plank. Like most planks there is a modification, and since this one is pretty hard I decided to include a picture of the modification.
Keys to proper side plank:
- Start on your side with your legs straight.
- Prop yourself up with your arm keeping your body in a diagonal line (you can be on your elbow/forearm like the top picture or have your arm extended with your hand on the floor like the bottom picture).
- Place your other arm on your hip or on your side.
- Hold your abs tight and try to stay in position for 60 seconds, if that’s too hard hold for 10 seconds, rest, and go back into side plank again.
Other things to remember:
- Like the other planks be sure to keep your body in a straight line, don’t let your hips sag!
- Listen to your body, if being on your hand hurts your wrist, go down to your forearm.