So I’m sure I’m not the only person to do this, but I spend a lot of time tricking myself into thinking I’m eating a big meal, or that I’m full. Sad but true. So here’s a few of my go to tricks to help me feel more satisfied:
1. Drink MORE water! I know this get’s said a LOT, but for me it really does work. I often get a little hunger pang around 11am….too early for lunch! The first thing I do…grab my water bottle! 9 times of 10 after I’ve downed a couple good-sized gulps that little pang goes away.
2. Eat on smaller plates. When I make my meals and put them on my dinner plates my meals look sad and sparse. Cram all that food on my salad plates and I feel like I’m eating like a King…I mean Queen.
3. Overload on veggies! Craving crunchy salty snacks, cake or other sweets? Eat a 1/2 cup of veggies then see how that craving feels. Craving still there after all that roughage? Have a serving of pop chips or some dark chocolate. At least the veggies have filled you up so you won’t have as much of what you’re craving!
4. Have fruit on the side, on top, where ever! Just have fruit! Really want some ice cream? It is summer after all! Let’s admit it, an actual 1/2 cup serving of ice cream seems a little measly right? Not when you have 1 cup of strawberries with it! Now your bowl looks like it’s overflowing! Plus more fiber, more filling.
5. Pack it with protein! EVERY MEAL AND SNACK! Eggs, non fat milk, or yogurt at breakfast, chicken, fish, or lean beef at lunch, cheese stick, nuts or seeds for a snack and more lean meats at dinner. For me upping my protein increases my weight loss….which makes my WW meeting much more enjoyable 🙂
Do you guys have any tricks to make you feel more satisfied?