So I was perusing Pinterest this evening and came across a recipe from FoodFanatic called No Bake Peanut Butter Balls. I gotta say I don’t love it when recipes have the word “balls” in them, but I gave it a try anyway. PLUS I happen to have recently bought a jar of powdered peanut butter and have been trying to find ways of using it. So far it is very good in smoothies and on toast, but I figured there must be other uses for the stuff. And here’s one!
- 1 cup oats
- 4 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 6 pitted dates
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse until they are a flour consistency, set aside.
- Add dates and liquid to food processor and twirl until dates are finely chopped.
- Add in oats, PB powder, and ground flax seeds. Process until things start to come together and form a dough.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times.
- Form into 1-inch balls. (I’m choosing to call them bites…not keen on eating balls:)
So there you have it! These are very quick to make at around 65 calories a piece they have enough sweetness to curb my sugar craving without breaking the calorie bank. Thanks FoodFanatic!